Your Nutrition Journey Starts Here
We know it can be difficult to navigate all the nutrition information (and misinformation) out there. Our dietitians will meet you where you are at and be with you every step of the way on your nutrition journey. Our dietitians can help you improve your meal experience and relationship with food, support development of healthy habits, manage symptoms, and help you to reach your nutrition goals. We use an evidence based, collaborative and individualized approach to your nutrition care.
Services by Registered Dietitians are also covered under most benefit plans (including Blue Cross, Manulife, Canada Life, Greenshield). Make sure to check with your insurance provider to see if your plan covers dietitian services! Clients do not need a physician referral to receive individual nutrition counselling, unless specified by your insurance plan.
Book in for an individual counselling session or group education workshop
Download our 2022 workshop calendar to find a Nutrition Workshop that works for you
What is a Registered Dietitian?
Registered Dietitians are your resident nutrition experts! In Alberta you may see the titles Registered Dietitian, Dietitian, Registered Nutritionist, Nutritionist, RD. These are protected titles that require individuals to have a degree in Nutrition & Food Science from an accredited university and be registered with a regulatory body (in Alberta, this is the College of Dietitians of Alberta).
Our Dietitians Are Non-Diet and Weight Neutral
What does this mean? It means that clients are not weighed at appointments, and there is not a focus on numbers. The focus of your session is not on weight related outcomes. Instead, the focus is on behaviour change, and other positive indicators of change that align with your individual nutrition goals.
We focus on the foods that you love to eat (and look at the ones you don’t like as much) so that you can walk away with a sustainable and satisfying plan to reach your goals.
Our Registered Dietitians can also help you begin (or continue) your Mindful Eating or Intuitive Eating journey.
What does an individual session look like?
We start with a FREE 15 minute discovery call to learn more about your nutrition goals, review how our Registered Dietitians can support you to meet your goals, book you in for your first appointment, and send any pre-information documents prior to your first appointment.
Our initial assessments are 60-minute sessions where we review your medical history, food & diet history, nutrition concerns and prioritize nutrition goals. In this session we spend most of the time gathering information, and will provide basic education and resources to start working towards your nutrition goals.
After your first appointment, you can book your 30-minute follow-up sessions in any frequency that works best for your life! Your Registered Dietitian will provide suggested timeframes and help create a schedule that feels right to you and works toward your nutrition goals in a realistic timeframe.
Potential nutrition concerns that our Registered Dietitians can help you with:
- Intuitive Eating/Mindful Eating
- Repairing your Relationship with Food
- Chronic Disease Prevention (Heart health, diabetes)
- Injury Healing/Concussions
- Bone Health & Aging
- Nutrigenomix - DNA Testing
- Sports Nutrition/Fuelling for Physical Activity
- General Healthy Eating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)/FODMAP
- Eating on the Go/Shift Work
- Managing dysphagia or texture modifications
- Grocery store tours (label reading, eating on a budget)
- Food Sensitivities
- Malnutrition & nutrient deficiencies
- Cooking workshops, tips and recipe modifications & analysis
Nutrigenomix DNA Testing
Did you know that your genes can help to determine the best diet unique to you?
It’s true! There is a genetic component to your health and eating.
Nutrigenomics is the science that studies the interaction between the nutrients that we eat and our genes. Knowing more about your unique genetic makeup can help you to find a more individualized diet for your health, wellness, and even your fitness!
With a Nutrigenomix test, you can learn:
- What nutrients you should focus on in your diet to best meet your unique needs!
- How to eat to reach your performance, or athletic goals taking your genetics into consideration
- Information about your fitness strengths or areas to improve upon, as well as your risk for injury and tips to prevent or manage it
- Are you getting enough vitamin D or B12 to optimize your fertility?
- Are you drinking too much coffee?
- What is your collagen breakdown like?
- Are you getting enough vitamin C to optimize your skin health?
- Do you have a high preference for sugar foods?
We offer 4 genetic DNA tests through our Registered Dietitians:
- and Skin Health
To learn more about Nutrigenomix and tailoring your nutrition goals to your genes, book a free consultation call with one of our Registered Dietitians today!
You can also visit www.nutrigenomix.com for more information about the DNA testing.