Hi, I'm Jessica Eddy!
I am a Registered Dietitian here at Summit Physiotherapy + Wellness.
I am passionate about helping others find positivity, self-compassion and kindness towards their body image, eating experience, and relationship to food and movement. I believe that every person is the expert of their own body and eating experience! Through my expertise and evidence-based knowledge, I can guide people to find a satisfying, nourishing and non-judgemental relationship with their food and nutrition.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Nutrition at the University of Alberta and finished my Dietetic Internship in Central Alberta and Calgary. Since then, I have obtained my certificate in Mindful Eating, and have been in private practice in Red Deer since 2018. I am also a fitness, certified aerial and dance instructor.
I use collaborative approaches to provide nutrition counselling that is:
- Inclusive of ALL bodies
- Body positive
- Guided by the Intuitive Eating Principles from Elyse Resch and Evelyn Tribole
- Based in Mindful Eating concepts
This means no weighing, no numbers, and no meal plans. As a dietitian, I use an evidence informed approach to nutrition education and love helping clients eat more foods they enjoy without guilt & encouraging movement in ways they enjoy.
As a recreational and competitive dancer for the past 20+ years, I am striving to address body positivity and weight stigma and to have more inclusive sports programming in the community. In addition to Sports, I also work with people looking for the following Nutrition topics:
- Intuitive Eating/Mindful Eating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)/FODMAP
- Chronic Disease Prevention (Heart health, diabetes)
- Eating on the Go/Shift Work
- Aging Nutrition (Bone health, menopause)
- General Healthy Eating
- Managing dysphagia or texture modification
- Sports Nutrition (fueling for activity, recovery and group education)
- Grocery store tours (label reading, eating on a budget)
- Cooking workshops, tips and recipe modifications & analysis
- Food Sensitivities
- Malnutrition & nutrient deficiencies